Friday, May 16, 2008

The Event to Prevent

Last week I covered the 5th Annual Candies Foundation Event to Prevent. It was a fund-raiser to help raise awareness about the consequences of teen pregnancy. I kinda thought that it was obvious what the consequences of being pregnant are. I hope some of the money goes to teaching sex ed in health class.

Mischa Barton

Mischa Barton was there in this ensemble. It was a cocktail attire event at Cipriani on 42nd st. 'nuff said.


Emma Stone

Emma stone of the film Superbad was there. I loved that movie. I still laugh when I think about it. It was however in large part about teens on a quest to get laid. Maybe they thought she would speak the the demographic of teens that don't have any use for birth control.

Jason Lewis

This next person's presence just baffled me. It is sex symbol "Smith Jarred" from Sex and the City. He is famous for being in a show that has sex right in the title. All those girls do is sit around at brunch and talk about how much sex they had, or would like to be having. How is that good for teen pregnancy?

Jason is a very charming man. I have met him before, and of all the stars I have ever spoken to he is, pants down, the most beguiling. And that is my point.


Neil Cole and Jason Lewis

Because this was a Candies event Neil Cole was very visible through out the night. He is the CEO of Iconix Brand Group. They own tons of stuff including but not limited to: Candies, Bongo, Badgley Mischka, Joe Boxer, Rampage, Mudd, Mossimo and Danskin.

I don't see any maternity clothing makers in there. I think I figured it out. Keep your market share (skinny teen girls) viable, and create a 501(c)(3) to get mad tax breaks while doing it. Genius!

James Taylor and Jason Lewis

Now here are two people that you never thought about together. Like peanut butter and all-weather radial tires. Never do those two things inhabit the same thought. Well celebrity makes strange bedfellows.

James Mischka, and Mark Badgley

Badgley Mischka, part of the Iconix family where there.

Kenneth Cole

Neil Cole's Brother, Kenneth was there to show his support.

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift (a teen) was there looking all sparkley. She had a matching bedazzled guitar. I had no idea who she was. They told me that she was a country star, or something. Honestly, I still don't know. I do however know that this is the best use of a Slinky as an accessory (in this case a belt) that I have ever seen.

Ali Lohan

Another teen, Ali Lohan, also showed her support for not getting knocked up too soon. She was there with her mom.

Darrell Hammond

Darrell Hammond was the MC. There were some Bill Clinton jokes, it was pretty tame.

The party was at Cipriani on 42nd st. They decked the place out in purple and pink. That is one of my favorite event spaces in the city. The high ceilings give the designers so many options with the lighting.

All told it was a very well attended event.

No comments: