Sunday, November 25, 2007

Mitzvah Set Up


I shot the set up for a mitzvah yesterday. The event was produced by my favorite planner/caterer Carolyn Bender. David Beahm did the design. The party was at a country club in Westchester. The kids area had what can only be described as monoliths of chocolate on the table. That room smelled amazing. It was like shooting in Willy Wonka's factory. I think David hired some oompa loompas to work on this one. I kept looking over my shoulder expecting to see Johnny Depp with those big glasses and even bigger teeth walking around.


The table when you first came in was made of hay bales. I was just up on the farm the day before for Thanksgiving and had helped my father move the hay elevator in to the barn. I had a bit of a flashback.


David's team did a much prettier job stacking hay then I did as a kid. The whole thing was beautiful.


Inside the dining room was great as well.


The tablecloths were gray flannel and to tie it all together there were, what else, more hay bales! They killed me because I had to cut and put up hay with my family every summer. I moved to the city to get away from the stuff and now it is following me.


Carolyn always does a great candy table for the end of a mitzvah, and this one was no exception.

No comments: