Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pineapple Express afterparty

I shot the after party for the new movie Pineapple Express.

There were famous and semi-famous people there. I had a fever and ran over from another job shooting 35 models in their underwear. I was not really in the mood to care about Paul Rudd or Rumor Willis. Here are some shots of some of the people that were there.

Matthew Settle

This is going to sound bad, but I don't really remember taking this shot. I didn't know who it was, but I knew needed to photograph him. I knew he was famous, just not why. I shot him and he acted like he expected it, so all good, I figured. It turns out that he plays the dad on Gossip Girl. He is like 32 and his TV kids are supposed to be 17.

I just looked it up, he is 39. He could pass for 29. If I worked the door I would have carded him just to be a stickler.

Paul Rudd

Paul Rudd was there and didn't really want to have his picture taken. I don't know what the point of going to an event like this is if you don't have your picture taken. It's not like it was a fun party.

I started chatting with some woman in the crowd and she said "you know this is a boring party considering that there are celebs here."

Ummm, DUH!

Celeb parties are almost always a snooze fest. They are work.

Russell Simmons

Speaking of work. Here is a man that knows that parties are part of his job. I saw him at both jobs that night. Yes he was at the underwear show before. I shot him there too. I asked to take his photo at the second party. He said "You just took my photo, why do you want to do it again?"

"Different background."

He shrugged and let me snap a couple of frames.

James Franco

James Franco, one of the stars of the film, was there. There were not really a lot of notable women at the party. I guess chicks don't dig the stoner buddy movies.

Dagmara and Patrick Wilson

I did manage to find a woman. She is married to Patrick Wilson. They live in my neighborhood in Brooklyn. He was in a movie with Kate Winslet where he played a stay at home dad that seduces Kate (a stay at home mom.)

He takes his kid to the playground that we take the baby to. That movie and Patrick are talk of the local moms. I think many of them are hoping that life will imitate art.

a friend with Rob Buckley

Rob Buckley the heart throb from Lipstick Jungle was also there. I got to chat with him a little bit. He and his friend were funny and laid back. He seems like a regular guy that got a break and is loving it.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for this nice blog. May I ask you If I can take this picture of Matthew Settle for my litte Fansite for him? I want not to take it without permission from you! It would be very nice!

Greetings
Rika