Friday, March 20, 2009

Peter, Bjorn, and John at the W Hotel


So a couple of nights ago I went to a release party for Peter, Bjorn, and John. They had this song last year.



The show was good. Honestly after the fun that was Margo's Bat Mitzvah, I was underwhelmed. It was kinda hipster corporate.

I slinked around and then saw a free chair in VIP. I climbed over that velvet rope and hopped on the chair to get the shot above.

After the show ended I looked around the VIP section and thought I saw Parker Posey. I wasn't sure till she spoke. I asked for a photo and she said "Yeah, with my friends.



That is a celebs way of saying no. A picture of a celeb and two non celebs is very difficult to run. This is especially true if the friends are to the celebs right. Why you ask? It has to do with the caption. If the celeb is in left of the frame and the first person in the shot you can put "Parker Posey and Friends" as the caption. The way it is above I would have to get the two others names and say Brenda herfriend, Susan Herotherfriend and Parker Posey.

If you are with a Celeb and want your name in the paper, have them on your left, unless you are in Israel.

There is an easy remedy to this for photographers and editors, only is it super dodgy.


Flip the image in photoshop.

No comments: