Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Camera - Canon SD780

 
People frequently ask me what kind of camera they should buy.  I never know.  I know what camera I want, but it is overkill for other people.  Anytime I need to buy a point and shoot camera I go to b&h and just ask them what camera to buy and why.

Then I point to other cameras and say "What about this one?"  "Why is that one better then THIS one?"

To tell you the truth they LOVE it when I do that.
Honestly, all the point and shoots have small sensors.  They are about the size of your pinkie nail.  So if there are too many pixels on there it is not going to work out so well. 

Ultimately you need to know what you need the camera for.  If you are going on safari, you are going to need one type of camera.  If you need something sub compact then another thing is right for you.  Low light? Lots of room shots?  All different specs.

I am going out of town soon and I am going to take the camera with me.  I will report back on how it performs.


No comments: