Friday, March 7, 2008

FN Shoe Star with Nine West



My biggest editorial client right now is Conde Nast's Fairchild Publications. They are the publisher of WWD, DNR and FN. Everyone knows WWD, some know DNR, and only people in the industry know FN (Footwear News). It is funny cause all three are in the same family, same building and even on the same server. When I tell someone "I shot for FN tonight." I get a blank look. When I explain that it is WWD for the shoe industry they understand.

Although FN does not get the recognition the other magazines do, they are a great client. I love shooting for them. They are super appreciative and the footwear people in general are mensch.

Recently FN has teamed up with Nine West to do their version of Project Runway. It is called FN Shoe Star. They have 7 students from FIT competing. They have challenges and big name guest judges from the foot wear industry.


They have asked me to shoot the stills for the magazine and the web. I shot the second installment this week. It was a blast. I will provide updates and links where you can see the webisodes as they come out.

No comments: