Monday, January 7, 2008

Paul and his girlfriend stopped by

My friend Paul and his girlfriend Nina stopped by yesterday.

I am helping Paul revamp his website www.paulmarron.com. I gave Paul a nickname a long time ago and it has stuck. The name is Hot Paul. He does alot of fitness modeling, and well, you need to be hot to do that. The funny thing about when I give a nickname is that it is frequently not the best thing for a first impression.

Like this one time Hot Paul came over for a Bar B Que and I introduced him around. He is pretty modest (funny for a guy that makes his living in his underwear) so I made the effort to call him by his actual name in that instance. I found myself saying "Oh Michelle, this is my friend H- Paul, I mean Paul, this is my friend Paul."

Later, undoubtedly Michelle, or whoever it was would pull me aside and say "Your friend Paul is Hot."

"Tell me something I don't know."




No comments: