Friday, September 26, 2008

Ruby Slipper event at Saks

One of the first events this fashion week was a party at Saks that was all about ruby slippers. Fashion week was not gay enough, so now we had to add Wizard of Oz references.

Designers did different versions of the ruby slippers and then they were auctioned off for charity. They also were on display in the tents. Swarovski had a tie in as well. They are doing very well right now. I did a career fair for WWD and the Swarovski booth was not getting nearly as much traffic as I think they should have. They are doing marketing right, left and center. I am sure that they have jobs to fill.

Back to the party. Here are some shots of the notable people that were there.

Stuart Weitzman

Shoe designer Stuart Weitzman did a pair of heals for the event.

Lorraine Bracco

Lorraine Bracco was there.

Lindsay Price

Every fashion week there are certain themes with the celebs. Bunches from different shows go out and do all the parties. This fashion week it was Gossip Girl and Lipstick Jungle. Lindsay Price proves my point. They are like the it shows of the week and their cast comes out to support.

Molly Sims

Molly Sims was there. I wonder what she has been up to.

Nigel Barker

I don't think I have ever watched an episode of ANTM all the way through.

There were tons of famous-ish people there. The Bravo family was in force with Project Runway people and make me a supermodel cast members getting their free drinks.

I am going to say what everyone is thinking. Project Runway has jumped the shark. Done. We no longer have to care about any of it. You are free to use that brain space to obsess over MMA fighting, or whatever.

Fern Mallis

Queen of fasion week Fren Mallis was there. Her attendence dubs a party as an official fashion party. It could be Fern an a bunch of muppeteers, and technically it is a fashion party.

Perry Reeves

Rounding out the party was Perry Reeves, Ari's wife on Entourage. I did not chat with her. We were on our way out and my editor was like "We are done!" I would have just kept shooting people for the fun of it and making small talk with a cavalcade of nobodies had she not reigned me in.

I do want to say that on last weeks episode of Entourage Ari gets into a pissing contest with another, younger agent, that culminates in Ari storming into the guys office, calling him out then slapping him. I think the audience is supposed to feel satisfied when the other guy caves, but I am rooting for him.


No comments: